As usual, we won’t miss this year’s edition of the Embedded Linux Conference Europe, which has always been a great source of information and encounters for embedded Linux developers.
Here are details about our involvement this year.
- I am part of the organization committee, in particular the coordinator for the Technical Showcase.
- Taking advantage of his stay in Grenoble, my colleague Thomas Petazzoni will make an embedded Linux presentation on Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 7:30 pm, at GUILDE, the local Linux user group.
- Thomas and I will be present at the Embedded Systems Exhibition on Wednesday, Oct. 14, sharing a booth with our partner CALAO Systems. The exhibition entry is free of charge, and this will be an excellent opportunity to meet us and have enough time to talk about your topics of interest.
- Thomas will lead the Buildroot BOF with Peter Korsgaard, Buildroot’s maintainer, at 5:35 pm on Thursday, Oct. 15. This informal session will allow users and developers to meet and exchange ideas.
- I will be the leader of the Small Business BOF on Thursday 15 at 6:35 pm, an informal session for small embedded Linux companies interested in sharing experience and best practices, and of course to know each other better.
- I will make a presentation on boot time reduction techniques, at 3:40 on Friday, Oct. 16.
- Albin Tonnerre, who was an intern at Free Electrons this summer, will participate to the Technical Showcase at 12:00 am on Friday, Oct. 16, showing the benefits of LZO decompression on kernel boot time. During his internship, Albin made very nice contributions to boot time reduction, power management on AT91 and to U-boot board support.
- Thomas Petazzoni will also participate to the Technical Showcase at the same time, showing Buidroot’s new features.
- We will videotape the conferences we go to and will release the videos later on our website.
- Thomas organizes a Buildroot developer day on Saturday, Oct. 17, allowing developers to meet and code together. Free Electrons will offer lunch to the participants, and the room will be offered by CALAO Systems. There are no more seats left for space reasons.
Hope to see you in Grenoble!