Like every year, the Free and Open Source Developer European Meeting took place early February in Brussels, and Thomas Petazzoni, from Bootlin, attended and recorded a few talks from the embedded session. However, contrary to previous years, I haven’t been able to record all talks from the embedded session, since I attended talks from other sessions which were already being recorded by others.
- Openintents: Android intents mechanism, by Friedger Müffke
video (31 minutes, 150M)
- Embedded software development best practices, by Gian-Carlo Pascutto
video (42 minutes, 236M)
note: the video introduction slide says that the speaker is Adrien Ampelas, as it was announced on the FOSDEM website. However, it’s really Gian-Carlo Pascutto who gave this very interesting talk. We apologize for the mistake.
- LiMo Platform and Mobile Linux, by Andrew Savory
video (33 minutes, 132M)
- Cross Build Systems: Present & Future, by Yann E. Morin, Robert Schwebel, Peter Korsgaard, Florian Fainelli, etc.
video (42 minutes, 226M)
- ARM and DSP talking to each other in OMAP3: the dspbridge, by Víctor Manuel Jáquez Leal
video (27 minutes, 75M)
We also attended talks from the X.org and Coreboot developer roooms : videos for the X.org developer room can be found at http://video.fosdem.org/2010/devrooms/xorg/ and videos for the Coreboot developer room can be found at http://video.fosdem.org/2010/devrooms/coreboot/.
2 thoughts on “Videos from FOSDEM 2010”
The “Embedded software development best practices” talk was given by Gian-Carlo Pascutto, not Adrien Ampelas. It is also Gian-Carlo in the picture.
Thanks, I’ve fixed it in the blog post and mentioned that the video is incorrect.