Note: these internship positions have been filled. We can only accept new interns from mid-June 2020 on. Don’t hesitate to apply if you are interested.
For 2020, Bootlin proposes five internship topics, this time open to all students from the European Union, studying in European Universities.
All these topics will give you an opportunity to make substantial (and very useful!) contributions to an open-source project.
Here are the details about our internship topics:
- Video encoding on Allwinner VPU in the Linux kernel. This internship is about implementing a Linux kernel driver for hardware accelerated H264 video encoding on Allwinner ARM CPUs, and contributing this driver to the mainline Linux kernel.
- Linux kernel driver for the MIPI CSI-2 controller in Allwinner SoCs. This internship will allow to implement a Linux kernel driver supporting the CSI-2 camera interface, and supporting the associated camera using this interface. The code will then be submitted to the Linux kernel community for inclusion in the mainline version.
- Improve TPM v2.0 support in U-Boot. This internship will allow to implement some missing TPM v2.0 mechanisms to allow for a secure measured boot in U-Boot, and to contribute this new code to the official version of the project.
- Support the SquashFS filesystem in U-Boot. This internship will allow to add support for the SquashFS filesystem to U-Boot. SquashFS is very widely used in embedded projects. This way, you will allow U-Boot to load files (kernel, initramfs, etc) from a SquashFS partition. As usual, you will also have to contribute this new code to the mainline version of U-Boot.
- Implementing new features in the Elixir Cross Referencer, a source code indexing engine. This internship will in particular allow to add support for new types of source files (Device Tree, Kconfig…).
As you can see, all these topics propose both a challenging technical opportunity, but also require strong interaction with the community of users and developers of free and open-source software used in embedded projects.
More details are available in the descriptions. The internships can start from February 2020, for a minimum duration of 4 months. These internships will take place either in our offices in Toulouse, Lyon or Orange, in France, depending on the topics. These internships are open to all students from the European Union.
For all questions about our internships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org