Best wishes for 2007!
Bootlin is happy to send its best wishes to the entire Free Software and Open Source user and developer community. Whether you believe or not in Finnish Astrology, let 2007 be the Year of the Penguin! For our customers, we also wish that their competitors continue to use proprietary operating systems!
Do not hesitate to reuse our New Year’s card for your own needs. It’s Free as in Free Speech!
- License: right to copy and modify if the copyright notice is kept. Graphic elements (astrological symbols) can be copied and modified with no restriction (Public Domain).
- Downloads: source (Scalable Vector Graphics, created with Inkscape) and generated files can be found here.
Penguin New Year wishes and good reasons for using Free Software in 2006
Bootlin wishes a Happy New Year to embedded system developers and to all members of the Free Software and Open Source community.
Unlike other birds…
Penguins never freeze!
While most others stay locked in a cozy shelter…
with a penguin,
you can reach out,
withstand extreme conditions,
and pioneer an exciting world of opportunities!
Happy New Year!
- License: right to copy and modify if the copyright notice is kept. Graphic elements (trees, cottage…) can be copied and modified with no restriction (Public Domain).
- Source (Scalable Vector Graphics, created with Inkscape) and generated files can be found here. Rooster, hen and penguin graphics come from the Open Clip Art project.
- Contributed 3 reusable graphics (cottage, Christmas hat and pine tree) back to Open Clip Art.
To make these wishes come true, Bootlin has also released a new presentation collecting the main strengths (and weaknesses too) of Free Software in embedded systems. It should help to make the decision to (or not to) rely on penguins in 2006 and in the years to come.